A question I get asked a lot, probably just behind how do I lose weight!
Having a flat stomach or a 6 pack is the dream of many people out there. If you have ever been pregnant or sometimes indulge in too much food or one too many beers, you probably have a few unwanted pounds around the stomach you would like to get rid of.
So how do you combat this? How do you reduce stomach fat?
FIRSTLY STOP ALL THE SIT UPS….. PLEASE!! Sit-Ups are not the most effective Ab exercise to start with and having awesome Abs but not being able to see them kind of defeats the object!
When thinking about reducing fat around the stomach you need to think about your overall body fat percentage. Unfortunately as much as we might read or like to believe you cannot spot reduce fat, mean you cannot decide where you lose fat from first.
Back to the good news – The type of fat that is responsible for “Belly Fat” is called visceral fat. Visceral fat (also known as organ fat or intra-abdominal fat) is more metabolically active than subcutaneous fat (the fat just under your skin) so it tends to burn off quicker. Due to this when people lose body fat, it’s usually from the stomach first. And the more fat you have to lose, the quicker you’re likely to start losing your stomach fat.
5 KEY STEPS TO REDUCING BODY FAT (STOMACH FAT)
1) Clean up your diet – Start right now… see page.. go through all of your food and anything that is processed or sugary put it straight into the bin. These foods will not help you one bit! Start by basing your meals around Animal Protein (Meat or Fish) and Vegetables and work from there.
2) Add Resistance Training to your program – lifting weights is still a scary subject for most females, but if you really want to tone up and reduce body fat it is a MUST!
3) Add 2/3 HIIT session per week – this is going to torch body fat and help you get the flat stomach in no time. But remember HIIT should be done at a very high intensity. If you are doing a HIIT session which takes 60 minutes, you are quite simply NOT doing HIIT. Sessions should not last longer than 20 to 30 minutes maximum.
4) Drink Water AND Plenty of it – aim for 1 litre per 20kg of body weight. A lot of people tend to confuse hunger with dehydrated. Start with a pint first thing on a morning and keep topped up during the day.
5) STAY POSITIVE – the most important of the 5! If you start to tackle this with a negative ‘I Cannot Do It Attitude’ guess what? You will be correct. Stay positive and stick at it, the end results will be mesmerising.
Bottom line – there are no short cuts, you cannot cheat and there are no magic pills. It takes hard work, dedication and a bit of guidance. BUT YOU CAN DO IT!
Don’t think you are alone with your battle against those unwanted pounds. We work with people daily who started with the same problems as you. If you would like any further help or guidance do not hesitate to drop us an email email@example.com
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank You!
—Chris ‘No Short Cuts’ Morris
P.S if you come across anyone (which I am sure you will) trying to sell you ‘Short cuts’ such as Herbalife, Juiceplus, BodybyVi, Diet pills, Fat Burners…… YOU have permission to give them a slap from me! Don’t waste your money and time.